Aimless Facts.

Home Forums Journal Discussions Aimless Facts.

This topic contains 109 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  Jermaine 5 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 105 total)
  • Author

oak tree
    Participant

Aimless Facts; Down played in six all Ireland senior football finals, and won five.

as an aimless fact it is fairly provocative but I will not rise to the arrow shot across the county boundaries,
    Aimless fact, what County GAA Ground is only in its native county by 5%?
    This could be a spark to light the flame by tomorrow nite!

the watcher
    Participant

Does one assume one if referring to the ground of the team that beat Fermanagh on Sunday?

Aimless facts thrown about can be very harmful and cause all sorts pain, hurt and anger. Oh and the odd snigger!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Imagine if one had been thrown about tonight with the Olympic flame being carried through the town, oophs city. There I was waiting to see Willie boy and he has morphed into this young female who I had not a clue who she was!
    In the blink of two sodden eyes the whole shebang has passed and anti climax followed immediately, could only happen in Newry.
    Should have put this in the rant section but no-one is ranting. Aimless fact that one.
    Aimless fact, was in London, 1988 on that famous day (Sunday) when Ray Houghton put the ball in the english net and life was wonderful. The joke was on the other side.

the watcher
    Participant

AA. Could you please inform me what you are on about? I was with a few friends at about two of the clock today and if I had read your missive then I would have understood it. But now I am a little sober I have not got a baldie what you are on about. Come to think of it were you with us this afternoon?

santanta
    Participant

Jasus!

For Santanta,
    for ye who drifts aimlessly around this world, U was playing around with aimless and facts.
    Fact, the olympic torch was in Newry on Tues and Weds.
    Tues, it is raining and not mizzling, in the local papers this last few weeks was that two locals, Willie McCracken and a young person Ryan Cinnamond had been chosen to carry the torch through the town,
    What I did not know was that the whole was tightly choreographed with those carrying the torch limited to the distance they would bear the light.
    So as I waited and in a blink of an eye a bus convoy arrives and that immediately curtailed the view, so I saw this young one who I had no idea who she was.
    Wet, disappointed and totally bemused by the snafu that happened at Abbey yard with the traffic, causing a snarl up and slight panic was the only memorable moment I got from the torch.
    I then went aimless to a fact about 1988 and myself and then I see your two replies with the last one of one word making me laugh out loud.
    So another aimless fact of mine, at the Special Olympics, Dublin 2003. Was I so lucky! I missed meeting that eejit Bono!
    Dublin, June 2003, it was more than special, it was everything what sport, friendship and fun is all about. So many great moments!

the watcher
    Participant

Another fact; A young lady won the only medal for Ireland in the 1948 Olympics. She won a bronze medal for…………. a painting of the Meath point-to-point meeting.

Aimless fact!
    My first pint of alcohol, cider. cost 30 pence. How ancient does that me now!

Aimless fact
    Never bunked off school! What did I miss>

oak tree
    Participant

To get away from that demon drink, this is a little known fact. Saint Catherines Dominican church in the republic of Ballybot was officially blessed and opened in 1875 by Archbishop Croke, after whom Croke Park is named.

oak tree
    Participant

Kevin Mussen captained Down to win the Sam Maguire Cup in 1960.

bigtam
    Participant

newry celtic won the league tonight well done

Latest.
    Newry Celtic win the league title.
    This is in a way aimless fact but not for those who have links direct or indirect to the team at Nan Rices and who play at Drumalane. I am one who had a direct link as my son played for them until he left for Australia one year ago.
    Well done

John McCullagh
    Keymaster

There is more sugar in a lemon than in an orange!

(I gotta know these things from now on!!!)

the watcher
    Participant

Yes John…very good… should the footballers at half time be told ‘now suck a lemon’?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 105 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.